11.21.2009

Hi-Ya!


M had a tournament this morning.  He took 3rd for his self-defense technique.  I really thought he was going to get 3rd for his kata as well but he didn't.  He got his butt kicked in sparring but he was also much smaller than both opponents.  All in all I'm glad he won at least trophy to keep his spirits up.

The more I watch the kids do karate, especially when I watch the girls on the tournament team train and compete, I know I want to get my black belt.  It looks so empowering.  I need to ask M's karate instructor which school he would recommend for me.  I seriously am thinking it is time to get this goal going.

After the tournament the boys and I went to see Harry Potter 6.  I've read all the books but I forgot how sad The Half Blood Prince is.  Just long and bleak.  The movie was well down though.  We have been watching the first 5 movies at home lately and I'm impressed with how much their acting has improved over the course of the movies. 

And to top it off, tonight we are watching UP on DVD.  I really like the movie but the beginning is so sad!  Makes you realize how quickly life can pass you buy while you think you will get to your dreams "later". 

Makes you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Please be nice!